MILAN - Inter and Verona shared the spoils with a 3-3 draw at the Stadio Bentegodi on Sunday. Roberto Mancini's men went ahead through Jeison Murillo's header then the hosts rallied to notch three before Mauro Icardi and Ivan Perisic levelled the scores again.
Here are some of the key stats from our Serie A Week 24 encounter, courtesy of Opta:
- Inter have won only one of their last six league games (D3 L2).
- Verona are unbeaten in five consecutive league games in the same Serie A season for the first time since May 2000.
- Mauro Icardi has scored four goals in his last four appearances against Verona in Serie A.
- Six of Icardi’s 10 goals this season have been scored away from home.
- Luca Marrone is the second player to provide three assists in a Serie A game this season, after Cristian Ansaldi in Genoa v Palermo on 17 January.
- Prior to Verona, the last team to score three headed goals in a single Serie A game was Roma (against AC Milan in December 2012).
- This is the second game in 2015/16 to feature four goals from set pieces, after Bologna v Roma on 21 November.
- Fourteen of Verona’s 19 goals this season have come from set pieces – the most in Serie A (level with Roma).
- Inter are yet to claim three points after finding themselves in a losing position this season (D3 L5).
- Verona have lost 11 points from winning positions at home this term – more than any other side in Serie A.
- Against Verona Ivan Perisic scored one and made one in the same match for the first time in Serie A. Each of his three goals this season have been away from home.
-Against Verona Inter recorded their highest possession in the current Serie A campaign (73.5%).